Recap: Paella Fest 2017

$21,000 in Donations Puts Food 
on the Tables of Those in Need 

The 2017 Paella Fest was simply astounding! A huge thank you to all of the extraordinary paella makers for taking part in the fest and to the many generous donations from around the community that allowed us to raise over $21,000 for Food For Lane County.

By ALL accounts this was a great event! We made and ate some delicious paella, connected with old and new friends, heard some phenomenal music, and had an all around good time. We should all feel gratified for being able to help those in our community who are in need. I myself am grateful and proud to be in a cohort of such amazing people and look forward to doing it all over again this year.

Thank you to our beer and wine sponsors for the delicious beverages that pair so well with paella: OakshireFalling Sky, Ninkasi, and Deschutes breweries as well as AbbeloneBrigadoonCamp Creek Cellars,  Sweet Cheeks, King Estate, and Territorial wineries. Huge thanks also to Sundance Natural Foods, Excelsior Inn, Newmans Fish Co., Davey’s Chocolates, and all of the other businesses and regular citizens for the wonderful donations of goods and services that made our auction such a roaring success.

Mark your calendars for the 2018 Paella Fest on Saturday, July 28, and ... keep the pans bubbling!

—Don

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Don and other paella people! I look so forward to this great event and especially to seeing you all again. Hasta pronto!

Unknown said...

I would like to bring a paella that I learned to make from my mother. We lived in Madrid, Spain. I was a little girl and I learned it from her. I remember the smell of the saffrin and watching the cooks prepare it in our kitchen in Spain. Then in later years I watched my mother and a Spanish friend making it in the kitchen. My name is Kathi Huhtaluhta-Lucey, My daughter is Kali Lucey. She lives in Eugene. My tel. 520-243-9242 and my daugher Kalis is 520-243-349-0300. Thank you for this opportunity. I also play spanish guitar and music of Spain. I am a musician.

Best Regards. Please email me at kathihuhtaluhta@yahoo.com
Kathi